How to Create Video for a Facebook Cover - HeaderVid Express
You may not know this, but it’s possible to use a video as your company’s Facebook profile cover. In this article I explain why video Facebook covers are a good option, well worth using. I also show you how to easily create them without needing any special video skills.
If you prefer, you can simply watch the Facebook cover video overview here. It has all the details below plus it includes a hands-on demo of our online video maker app that starts at 6:20.
The Facebook cover, also called a header or banner, is prominently featured at the top of company pages. Here’s a screenshot of a previous Small Business Rainmaker page with a static image, and as you can see, it takes up about a quarter of the screen on my desktop.
The header is the first place people look when they get to your page. You can see a current live version with a video header here on our Facebook company page. (The video alone is also at the bottom of this page.)
As you can see, video has a definite edge in getting attention.
Why Use Video in the Facebook Cover?
It’s proven that videos get more attention and engagement than photos and images.
One study of videos in Facebook ads from Databox found that 52% of marketers use video over images and 60% of them said video drives more Facebook engagement.
By engagement, I mean things such as ad clicks, likes, comments and shares.
Some respondents reported getting two times the number of clicks, and up to 30% more conversions. Others reported getting click-through ratios of two to three times that of photos.
So, why the extra engagement with video?
Well, one thought is that it’s because video makes the viewer pause and digest for a few seconds longer than a photo. In other words, a viewer can make a decision about an image in a split second but deciding whether or not to watch a video requires several seconds at the very least.
But I believe there's more to it than that. And there is evidence in the fact that platforms like Facebook are pushing to become video-first platforms. Because of that, they prioritize video assets over photos and text, so it gives video a much greater reach. Videos perform better, whether it’s a video ad, a video post, or a video header.
The point is, it pays to take advantage of that fact and to use videos in your header.
How You Can Use Videos for Your Facebook Cover
There are many ways to use header videos, but I’ll quickly list a few effective ones here.
- For example, you could feature your products and services. Change the banner periodically to rotate through all your products and services, or if it’s more important you could highlight the important products and services that you really want your clients to focus on.
- You could also introduce your staff with a Facebook header. It’s a great way to humanize your business and it makes your company feel a lot more personal.
- You can use the header to display customer testimonials.
- You can use it to show your company behind the scenes. Most of us know that people are fascinated with what goes on behind the scenes in all kinds of businesses.
- You can use the header to promote one of your lead magnets like I’m doing on our page here, the Small Business Rainmaker.
“But I Don’t Have Video Skills”
Now you might be thinking that you don’t have time to shoot and edit video.
And that producing video from scratch is too complex because you don’t have video production skills, nor the desire to learn them. But I’m going to show you how to create videos without having to do any kind of filming and without needing any kind of video editing skills.
You are right about one point, that up until fairly recently, you would need skilled help, or you’d have to outsource the work if you wanted to produce a decent looking video. And by going that route, costs could add up quickly.
- With HeaderVid Express, you or anyone on your staff can create a wide range of great-looking video banners. We do that by using templates and a simple online video editor that’s as easy to use as posting to social media.
- HeaderVid Express is also fully cloud based, so there are no worries about installation or updates.
- You don’t need any kind of video tech skills. If you can use a computer or a smart phone, you can create a video.
- You can customize all videos with your own branded colors, logos or graphics.
- You can select from our assortment of music tracks. Or add your own music or narration track.
- And, unlike nearly all the other online video platforms, there are no limits to how many videos you can create.
- HeaderVid Express has a built-in integration with Pixabay and Unsplash. That means that if you need extra images or you don’t have any images of your own to work with, you can use these two public domain image sources to add these images to your videos.
- We currently have over a dozen templates, all of which can be edited to include your photos and custom text. From these video templates you can create an unlimited number of variations, so you’ll never run out of templates to use for your header videos.
All videos created in HeaderVid Express export to a Facebook compliant high resolution 850 x 314 pixels. Put in layman’s terms, that means you don’t have to figure out how to re-size or edit a bigger video to fit the Facebook header requirements. Facebook is very specific about what size video you can use in your header.
With our app, you click a button to download a perfectly-sized Facebook video and upload it to your page.
What Businesses are Using Facebook Cover Videos?
So, who’s using Facebook cover videos? Pretty much anyone with a business and a Facebook company page can use, and they are using, cover videos.
This includes local businesses like restaurants, real estate agencies, dentists, retail stores, accountants, lawyers, photographers, salons, gyms, roofers, plumbers, contractors. B2B companies can use it too. All kinds of businesses are using header videos like this to generate leads, to promote products and to increase their social media engagement.
Is HeaderVid Express for Everyone?
If you’re an advanced do-it-yourself kind of video creator, you already have some kind of high-end software like Adobe Premiere, so no, you probably don’t need this. But even so, if you’re struggling to scale your video production, in other words if you have an overload of work, this basic app, perhaps combined with some of our other video apps, can help you with your overload work.
You can deliver a much higher volume in less time than it might take with Premiere or the other apps. So it could be a valuable extra tool to help you get ahead. And it’s easy enough that you could assign it to an assistant to take care of all that simple overload work like video headers.
So yes, our app is really something to consider for anyone who wants to produce engaging video for their Facebook company page, or who is already producing video but needs more capability.
How HeaderVid Express Works
To see exactly how HeaderVid Express works, click on the video demo above. If you’ve read this far, skip directly to 6:20 in the video to the start of the demo.
Once you’ve watched the video demo, you’ll see that HeaderVid Express is a very simple, intuitive platform. No video skills are required. If you can use a computer, you can create a video for your Facebook header.
Start taking advantage of that prime visual real estate on your Facebook company page.
You can get started today by clicking the Order button below.
Questions About Using Facebook Cover Video in Your Local Business?
Review the Rainmaker Video Express™ FAQ Page first.
If you can’t find an answer there, use the Contact Us form to email us and I’ll get back to you within one business day or so.
The Rainmaker Express Video™ 30-Day 100% Performance Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not satisfied with Local Video Express after using it for up to 30 days, you can get a full and courteous refund of your first month’s subscription. And you can keep any videos you downloaded during that time. Simply contact us before your 30 days are up, using the email address with which you registered and let us know you want to cancel and would like a refund.
After the 30-day Guarantee period, you can cancel your subscription at any time by contacting us with the email address with which you registered. There are no minimum contracts.
Subscriptions are pre-paid monthly, billed on the anniversary date of your purchase. For example, if you purchased on June 10th, you’ll be billed the 10th of each month. When you cancel on or after the 10th of any month, your account will remain active the remainder of that pre-paid month until your next anniversary date. There are no partial refunds after the initial guarantee period.
Examples of Facebook Cover Videos in Small Business
Below are five examples of how video can be used in your Facebook covers. There are no limits to how you can use video to take advantage of this prime real estate on your Facebook company page.